This homemade Tahini Vanilla Bean ice cream recipe is so simple that even kids can make it! No need to churn or buy an ice cream maker. This recipe is perfect to use for ice cream cakes or ice cream sandwiches.
Healthy Ice Cream Alternative
One of the many reasons I love making my own ice cream, and pretty much my own everything, is because I can control the ingredients being used in the recipe. This vegan ice cream recipe tastes just as good as ice cream made with cream and eggs, but you don’t have to feel guilty after eating it!
How To Make Homemade Ice Cream
This recipe is much easier to make than the homemade ice cream in a bag method, or even using an ice cream machine. You simply use a high speed blender, or food processor, to blend the ingredients, freeze it overnight, and then blend again to a creamy consistency when ready to use!
Tastes Better Than Homemade Ice Cream with Bananas
If you are vegan then I’m sure you have heard of vegan banana ice cream. There are 120,230,420,482,040 banana ice cream recipes on the internet for vegans or those who are dairy free. Yes, they taste pretty good…if you’re into bananas, but for me the banana flavor was overwhelming. Whether I made strawberry, chocolate, or vanilla flavors the banana was all I tasted. I knew I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t the biggest fan of banana ice cream, so I decided to come up with a banana free recipe that I knew we would all love!
Give the recipe a try or Pin it to Pinterest for later!
JOIN OVER 20,000 DAYTIME VEGAN TRIBE MEMBERS ON INSTAGRAM!
This post may includes affiliate links!
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START ON YOUR HEALTHY JOURNEY? DOWNLOAD MY FREE MEAL PLAN & HEALTHY EATING GUIDE!
This an a delicious and easy homemade ice cream recipe that does not require any churning or an ice cream maker!
- 4 cups homemade cashew milk or any plain vegan milk
- 8 ounces or about 20 pitted california dates (add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- ¼ cup tahini
- pinch of salt
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze overnight, or until solid.
- Remove the ice cube trays about 30 – 40 minutes before you are ready to make the ice cream. Allow the cubes to thaw slightly, not completely. The frozen cubes should not become soft. Look at my recipe video for reference.
- When ready, place the cubes in a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. DO NOT use a regular kitchen blender if you do not have a high speed blender like a Vitamix. It might break your blender, so use a food processor instead. You might need to stop every now and then and stir the mixture in the blender or food processor and then blend some more to ensure there are not a ton of frozen chunks (unless you want a few frozen chunks throughout the ice cream!).
PRODUCTS FOR THIS RECIPE
(Disable adblock to view products)