31 Jan Strawberry Oat Date Smoothie, Couscous Salad with Red Peppers & Avocado Dressing
I hope everyone had a great weekend.
I’m so glad my website is back up! I finally switched my website from Squarespace to WordPress and let me tell you…….ugggghhh.
Oh my goodness. This was a learning experience. Boy oh boy, I don’t ever plan to switch my website platform ever again. It took me over a week to do what I naively thought would take a couple of days. But I’m soooo happy with the new look of the site. I think it is much easier for my readers to look through my posts. What do you think?
I made a TON of this Couscous Salad with Red Peppers and Avocado Dressing this past week. The recipe is so easy to make and keep refrigerated for a few days. It was very convenient for me since I spent all day every day working on my website and didn’t feel like making a different lunch everyday. Crisp bell peppers, fresh spinach, and a creamy avocado dressing with lemon, cumin, and cilantro. Yum!!
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup rolled oats not the instant kind
- 4 dates pitted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Blend everything together until smooth. Add water to adjust the sweetness and consistency, if desired.
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 1 ½ red bell peppers
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 ripe avocado pitted
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt taste
- 2 tablespoons water filtered if possible
- Place the couscous, bell peppers, and spinach in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the blender, mix the avocado, lemon juice, cilantro, garlic, lemon pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and water until smooth.
- Pour this avocado dressing over the couscous mixture in the bowl. Adjust seasoning with salt if needed.