I don’t know why it has taken me so long to give you all the recipe to my favorite soup ever!
Spicy Kimchi Noodle Soup!
I’m not exaggerating when I say I eat this soup at least 3 times a week, every single week. It’s fast, easy, and super tasty. If you do not like kimchi, or have never eaten it, I think this would be a perfect recipe to try. The kimchi flavor is not overwhelming, but adds just enough flavor to make it taste unique and delicious!
Make sure you check the ingredient label when you purchase your kimchi to ensure it is vegan. Traditional kimchi is made with a good amount of seafood products like shrimp and squid. I love shrimp and squid, but I prefer the taste of vegan kimchi over the traditional stuff.
FYI, Kimchi is a great health food because it is fermented. Fermented products naturally produce good bacteria.
Yes there is a such thing as good bacteria!
This bacteria is great for gut health and can be a life saver for those of us with digestion issues.
- The Kimchi in my Spicy Kimchi Noodle Soup can help boost the immune system and has anti-constipation properties.
Spicy Kimchi Noodle Soup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup vegan kimchi
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 – 2 teaspoons depending on your taste sambal, or any other spicy chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- salt to taste
- 2 - 3 oz brown rice or white rice noodles cooked
- green onions chopped
- Place the water and stock in a small pot on medium low heat. Bring to a simmer and keep it simmering until you need it.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in your soup bowl and mix it around. I did not show this part in the recipe video, but if you do not stir everything around first, when you add the hot liquid the onion, garlic, and ginger powders will turn into little clumps that are very hard to dissolve. Taking a bite of a clump of garlic powder is not tasty at all! I learned this the hard way.
- Once you've mixed everything in your bowl, pour in the stock and water mixture. Stir and adjust seasoning with a little salt if needed. Enjoy.