21 Mar Raw Vegan Carrot Cupcakes | Gluten Free
These Raw Vegan Carrot Cupcakes taste amazing and are an easy No-Bake Vegan Dessert!
Raw Vegan Carrot Cupcakes
If you’re a Carrot Cake lover then you might be skeptical about this recipe because I know people are serious about their Carrot Cake! But I’m telling you this recipe will pleasantly surprise you. All of the flavors are there; nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, raisins. The biggest difference is the texture, which I actually like.
Perfect Beginners Dessert Recipe
Raw vegan recipes are great beginner recipes for those of us who suck at making desserts! There’s no cake batter or baking required so the recipe doesn’t have to be super precise like it does with regular baking. Basically you have more ability to ‘screw up’ without your ‘screw up’ completely ruining your dessert!
Grated Carrots vs Shredded Carrots
I do not recommend using pre-shredded carrots for this recipe. Many times those shredded carrots are still very crisp and crunchy. We need the carrots to have a softer, more pliable, texture to make it easier to form the cupcake shape. Using a food processor or hand grater to freshly grate the carrots will help you achieve this texture. I opted to use the grater attachment on my food processor.
A key step to this recipe is squeezing the carrots to make sure you get rid of as much liquid as possible. We don’t want soggy carrot cake. Take a look at the pictures below so you can see how I did it because this makes a big difference. Place the shredded carrots in cheesecloth, a nut milk bag, or a clean kitchen towel and squeeze with all of your might! This will help give the cupcakes a nice, firm, texture.
If you have children, try making this recipe with them. They might love sticking their hands in the carrot mixture and forming the cupcakes!
Join over 20,000 Daytime Vegan Tribe Members on Instagram!
This post may includes affiliate links!
Products For This Recipe
(ad blocking might prevent you from viewing the products)
Delicious No-Bake Vegan Dessert. Raw Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup california dates pitted
- 2 cups grated raw carrots
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Lemon Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water filtered if possible
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1 ¼- inch lemon slice seeds removed
- cupcake pan
- cupcake liners optional
- Use a handheld grater or food processor to grate the carrots. Place the grated carrots in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out any liquid. I have a picture of this step in this blog post for you to reference.
- Place the first 8 ingredients together in a food processor and blend until everything comes together. You should be able to pick up some of this mixture and easily form it into a ball. This is your “cupcake batter”.
- Place this mixture in a bowl and add the raisins. Stir in the raisins to evenly distribute them. Take some of the cupcake mixture and press it into cupcake pan that were lightly oiled (use coconut oil or any oil you have), or use paper cupcake liners. Refrigerate this for 45 minutes to an hour to allow the cupcakes to hold the shape.
To make the frosting just blend the cashews, water, agave, and lemon slice together until smooth and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove the cupcakes from the cupcake pan (this can be a pain if the pan was not oiled so it's best to use cupcake liners). Top it with some frosting and enjoy.
- These REALLY taste like regular carrot cake.