This vegan wrap recipe is ridiculously versatile, which is one of the reasons why I LOVE making wraps. I use eggplant, but you can use any vegetable your heart desires. The jerk spices combined with the creamy curry sauce is a perfect match!
CLICK “JUMP TO RECIPE” (DIRECTLY BELOW THE TITLE OF THIS POST) TO SKIP THE BLOG POST AND GO DIRECTLY TO THE RECIPE! YOU’LL MISS OUT ON HELPFUL TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE THOUGH.
I have a homemade jerk sauce recipe, but don’t worry….you don’t have to make a jerk marinade from scratch! You can use any brand of jerk seasoning or marinade you want. If you can’t find any in your local grocery stores, try ordering some online. Here is a popular brand:
Is Jerk Sauce Vegan Friendly?
Yes! Of course, everyone has their own special jerk sauce recipe, but many homemade recipes and store-bought brands are vegan. Some of the most common ingredients I have seen in jerk sauce are scotch bonnet peppers, fresh thyme, garlic, scallion, fresh ginger, and soy sauce (or coconut aminos for those of us who are soy intolerant).
Seasonings such as allspice, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and a little sweetener can also be added.
Are These Vegan Wraps Gluten Free?
This recipe can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free wraps. Simple, right?! The green wraps in my photos are gluten free spinach wraps made by Raw Wraps.
This wrap would be perfect with a side of plain rice or coconut rice. You could also eat it with a side of my Spicy Braised Cabbage Recipe, or just a simple salad.
How to Make this Vegan Wrap Recipe
1. Cut the Vegetable and Bake
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Cut a large eggplant, or whatever vegetable you are using, into bitesize pieces. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil and jerk marinade. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside when done.
- Meanwhile, mix all of the curry sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Assemble Your Wrap
- To assemble, spread some of the curry sauce on your wrap. Add your desired amount of jerk roasted vegetables and toppings (shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onion, maybe even some cooked rice or quinoa).
- Wrap it the same way you wrap a burrito (or as close to is as possible. I suck at wrapping burritos!). Serve.
Eggplant has been shown to be great for heart health and lower cholesterol due to its ability to fight inflammation. It might also improve circulation and reduce plaque buildup.
***NOTE: This blog is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare practitioner. All information contained in this blog is the opinion of Monique and is not to be interpreted as medical advice.
- Vegan Wrap Recipe with Jerk Spiced Veggies
- Korean Rice Cake Stir Fry
- Fried Falafel Sandwich with Garlic-Lemon Sauce
- Super Moist Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes & Cake
- Vegan Gluten Free Dairy Free Bread
Save the recipe on Pinterest to Make Later!
Join over 20,000 Daytime Vegan Tribe Members on Instagram!
Don’t Know Where To Start On Your Healthy Journey? Download My Free Meal Plan & Healthy Eating Guide!
Vegan Wrap Recipe with Jerk Spiced Veggies and Curry Sauce
A delicious and healthy Jamaican Jerk Spiced Wrap with a tangy curry sauce!
- 1 large eggplant , diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons jerk marinade/sauce , any brand
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced small
- 2 tablespoons green onions , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons jamaican curry powder
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 5 dashes hot sauce
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 tomato , chopped
- 4 tortillas
Preheat the oven to 375 F. Toss the eggplant with the jerk marinade or seasoning and olive oil.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the eggplant is tender.
To make the curry sauce, mix all of ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
To assemble, spread some sauce on your tortilla and add your desired amount of eggplant, tomato, and lettuce. Roll, enjoy.
To make this dish even healthier use romaine lettuce or kale as wraps instead of flour tortillas.