These Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups are the perfect No-Bake Dessert! They can be made in no time and taste amazing.
Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups
I love the taste of this dessert with sunflower seed butter. Sunflower butter is nothing more than sunflower seeds that have been ground to a paste (just like peanut butter), sometimes with a sweetener added. The sunflower seed taste is intense and delicious!
Of course you can make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups or Chocolate Almond Butter Cups, but I’m team Sunflower Seed Butter! Not many people have tried sunflower seed butter and I think you’d be surprised by how good it tastes.
Filling For The Chocolate Cups
A great thing about this recipe is that you have a ton of creative freedom. You can stuff these with bananas, jam, date puree, vegan ice cream, pretty much anything you can think of. As you can see from my pictures, your fillings might seep out on the sides, but who cares! It will still taste great, so go at it and fill them with whatever you’d like.
This is also a great recipe if you want to make something simple with your children that doesn’t require the stove.
What filling would you use in this dessert?!
LEARN WHY I STARTED THE “I SUCK AT MAKING DESSERTS” SERIES HERE!
Join over 20,000 Daytime Vegan Tribe Members on Instagram!
This post may includes affiliate links!
Products For This Recipe
(ad blocking might prevent you from viewing the products)
Delicious No-Bake Dessert
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted not solid
- 1/8 cup 100% pure cocoa powder or more if you like more chocolae flavor
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sunflower butter
- about 8 paper muffin liners
- Place the paper liners on a plate or baking sheet. In a bowl, mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder, agave, and salt together.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of the chocolate sauce into the paper liners to coat the bottom. Place the liners in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate to harden, about 10 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the liners from the fridge. Quickly spread about a tablespoon of the sunflower butter over the hardened chocolate.
- Next, Drizzle more chocolate sauce over the sunflower butter making sure the sunflower butter is completely covered. Try to move quickly so the chocolat on the bottom does not melt.
- Place the Chocolate Sunflower Butter Cups back in the fridge to allow the chocolate on the top to harden. Once hardened you can enjoy them! Keep them refrigerated when you're not eating them, otherwise the chocolate will melt.
You can use peanut butter or almond butter if you do not like sunflower butter.
Also, you can melt vegan chocolate chips and use that as the chocolate sauce if you don't feel like making this chocolate sauce. It might not be as healthy because many vegan chocolate chips have a ton of unhealthy processed ingredients, but it will taste good.
You can fill these chocolate cups with anything! I filled some with bananas and some with date caramel (dates blended with a litter water or cashew milk until thick and gooey).