Finally…a vegan chocolate pudding that doesn’t include avocados in the recipe! This Chocolate Cashew Pudding tastes just like the real thing, without the avocado aftertaste.
Chocolate Cashew Pudding
I’ve tried the infamous vegan chocolate avocado pudding many times, but there was always something with the recipe that I didn’t like. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can still taste the avocado in that recipe and it would ruin my chocolate experience! I decided to create a different vegan chocolate pudding recipe and I came up with this!! It’s super creamy and you only taste chocolate.
Cashews are pretty bland to me, which is why I use them in just about everything. If I’m testing a recipe and need milk or cream I will ALWAYS use cashew milk/cream. Never almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, or any other vegan milks. Cashews have really been a staple for me since I’ve become vegan. They have a neutral flavor, especially compared to other nuts and seeds, so cashews are the perfect blank canvas for whatever recipe you are using.
From my experience, cashews that come from India have a very very strong taste and smell. I don’t know why. I used to purchase cashews from Indian/Pakistani grocery stores because they are super cheap, but I quickly noticed that no matter which Asian grocery store I visit the cashews all taste the same. There’s nothing wrong with them, I’m just not fond of the taste because it overpowers everything.
Now when purchasing cashews I make sure to check the bag to see where they come from. I don’t have a problem with the strong taste and smell when I purchase other types of cashews.
Definitely give this Chocolate Cashew Pudding a try! It takes no more than 5 minutes to make!
Click HERE to try my Vegan Fudge Brownie Cupcake recipe!
Join over 20,000 Daytime Vegan Tribe Members on Instagram!
This post may includes affiliate links!
Recommended Products For This Recipe
(ad blocking might now allow you to see the products)
Chocolate Cashew Pudding
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 1 ½ cups zucchini I don't peel them but you can if you'd like
- 10 – 13 medjool or california dates pitted
- ½ a vanilla bean
- 1 ½ cups water filtered possible
- 1 tablespoon or more of pure cocoa powder depending on how chocolatey you want it
- Place everything in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If you do not have a strong blender then you could soak the cashews in the water for 30 minutes to an hour before blending to help them blend better.
- You can eat this immediately or refrigerate until it is chilled. It will thicken in the refrigerator.
You DON'T taste the zucchini!! I promise!!!!