31 Jan Avocado Toast with Citrus Corn Salsa
“NUMEROUS SCIENTIFIC STUDIES NOW CONFIRM THAT A WHOLE FOODS DIET COMPRISED PRIMARILY OF VEGETABLES, FRUITS, GRAINS, LEGUMES, AND NUTS WITHOUT ADDED OIL, SUGAR, AND SALT IS OPTIMAL FOR HUMAN HEALTH, NOT ONLY PREVENTING A BROAD RANGE OF DISEASE AND ILLNESSES, BUT ALSO REVERSING SOME OF THE MOST DANGEROUS CHRONIC CONDITIONS. THIS FINDING IS OF THE HIGHEST IMPORTANCE TO THE COMMONWEALTH BECAUSE IT COMMUNICATES A TRUTH THAT HAS THE POWER TO SAVE LIVES.”
I don’t usually jump on bandwagons, but I could not avoid the avocado toast craze! Avocado toast really is a great lunch. It is quick, easy to make, and very versatile. This Avocado Toast with Citrus Corn Salsa is another great recipe to add to your repertoire!
One of the great things about this meal is the versatility. I kept things simple with the citrus corn salsa topping, but you really have so much room for creativity. The amount of toppings you can put on your avocado toast is never-ending! A few other ideas are:
Hummus, Avocado Slices, Tomatoes
Mashed Avocado, Roasted Red Peppers, Sunflower Sprouts
Mashed Avocado, Spinach, Roasted Eggplant Slices
Avocado, Plantain, Black Beans
Mashed Avocado, Arugula, Sundried Tomatoes, Medley of Olives,
I am gluten intolerant so I love to use vegan gluten free bread (link to my favorite vegan gluten free bread listed below). I have also made avocado toast using ciabatta bread and french bread, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
Health Benefits Of This Meal:
Studies show avocado might help protect our eyes and reduce the risk of Macular Degeneration, a disease that affects the retinas in our eyes.
***NOTE: This blog is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare practitioner. All information contained in this blog is the opinion of Monique and is not to be interpreted as medical advice.
Join over 20,000 Daytime Vegan Tribe Members on Instagram!
This post may includes affiliate links!
Products For This Recipe
(ad blocking might now allow you to see the products)
***the cost for the vegan gluten free bread is for 8 loaves***
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- salt to taste
- about 8 slices of french bread
- 1 – 2 ripe hass avocados
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Let sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to merry.
- Place a skillet on medium heat. Add the bread slices and toast them for about 2 -3 minutes per side, or until each side is golden brown. You could add a little olive oil to the pan if you'd like, or even try using a toaster if your french bread slices will fit.
- Remove the toasted bread from the skilled. Open your avocado, remove the pit, and slice it. Add as much of the avocado to each bread slice as you'd like. Top the avocado with your desired amount of the Citrus Corn Salsa. Enjoy.