29 Dec Strawberry Carrot Smoothie, Green Bean & Apple Salad with Smoked Paprika Dressing, Turkey Chowder with Basil Pesto
This Green Bean & Apple Salad with Smoked Paprika Dressing may sound like some strange flavor combinations. Green beans and….APPLES?!?! I know I know. But don’t knock it ’till you try it!
Sweet and Savory is actually a very classic flavor combination. They go great with each other. In this recipe the green beans are savory and the apples are sweet. The smoked paprika dressing is smoky, savory, with a hint of sweetness from some dates I blend in the sauce. Put all three of these things together and you have something really REALLY good!
This salad looks simple from the pictures, but I promise it bursts with flavor.
As with most, if not all, of my sauces and dressings, this one is very versatile. This Smoked Paprika Dressing would taste great on other salads and tastes excellent on homemade baked potato wedges.
I’m very excited about this Turkey Chowder with Basil Pesto. It’s perfect for the cold winter days to come. Yes I said “winter days to come”. Sorry for those of you who are already experiencing cold weather, but it is currently 2:14am as I type this and all of the windows in my living room are open. A nice breeze is coming through the window and I swear it only feels like it’s 65 F to 70 F.
Are any of you experiencing an unusually warm winter this year? Well, technically it’s still Fall/Autumn, but still, it’s usually consistently cold by now. I mean it’ll be January next week and it’s still shorts weather on my side of the world. Very very strange things are happening in this world.
Anyways! For those of you who just got home and are ready to cozy up to a nice bowl of something warm, hearty, and comforting….this Turkey Chowder with Basil Pesto is for you. It is creamy, savory, and the pesto gives it the best flavor. The sautéed veggies and corn give it nice texture and crunch. It really is great.
But really. I want to know who else is experiencing this weird warm weather. Let me know in the comments!
Alrighty, here are the recipes. Enjoy!!
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, OR YOUTUBE FOR MORE AWESOME RECIPES!!
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 large carrots
- 1 banana
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup kale (optional)
- Blend everything together until smooth. Add water to adjust the sweetness and consistency, if desired.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 heaping cup zucchini, peeled
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ cup roasted bell peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 dates, pitted
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup water, filtered if possible
- ½ pound fresh green beans, cleaned & ends snapped off
- 1 gala apple, cored & sliced
- Blend the first 9 ingredients together with a little salt and pepper until smooth.
- Place the green beans and apples in a bowl. Add your desired amount of the smoked paprika dressing and stir everything together well. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sized zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 cups cashew milk (click here for homemade recipe), or regular whole milk
- ¼ cup pesto, your favorite brand
- 1 ½ cups corn, fresh or frozen
- Place a large pot on medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the zucchini, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the ground turkey, italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, or until the ground turkey is fully cooked.
- Add the flour and stir. Add the milk & pesto and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and bring the chowder to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine nicely.
- Add the corn and cook another 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- SUGGESTED SIDES: Dinner Rolls and Salad