13 Feb Pantry Recipe: 3 Minute Homemade Peanut Butter!!
A big thank you to my sweet husband for being the hand model in this first picture!! Haha! I love it. I always told him he should be a hand model! I’m always getting him to do ‘pour shots’ for my pictures whenever the recipe includes a sauce, he holds my light diffuser for me…he helps me out so much!
Do any of you
abuse use your family members to help you out with your business?!!
When I was a caterer and personal chef he would be my Sous Chef and help me prep for events. I just had to shout him out because he’s so awesome.
Now to the peanut butter.
I remember the first time I made homemade peanut butter like it was yesterday! I was soooo excited. I had just started learning about the dangers of preservatives and other chemicals they put in darn near all of our food. So I was on a mission to make most, if not all, of my condiments, snacks, etc… from scratch.
I decided to spend the big bucks on a Vitamix 5300 Electric Countertop Blender, Black. I had to sweet talk my husband into getting it because it was not cheap!! This is hands down one of the best investments I’ve made. We make peanut butter from scratch about once a week and one of my new favorite snacks became apples with peanut butter and homemade jam (recipe coming soon!). As you know I drink smoothies every single day and this blender won’t leave any chunks in your drink!!
If you don’t have a high-speed blender like this Vitamix then you may be able to try making peanut butter in a food processor. You would just have to keep stopping to stir it every now and then to make sure everything is blended evenly. I wouldn’t use a regular home blender because it might burn the motor.
I hope you take a look at the video recipe to see how easy it is to make. You will literally have fresh peanut butter with no harmful ingredients in 3 minutes. How awesome is that?!
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SEE EXACTLY HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY 3 MINUTE PEANUT BUTTER!!
- 3 cups roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 dates, pitted
- a pinch of salt
- Place everything in your high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. It shouldn't take but a few minutes if using a high-speed blender. It may be tempting to add water but don't do this. Water is never an ingredient in peanut butter.
- If using a food processor you may have to stop blending every now and then to mix everything in the food processor up. This will help with even blending.
- If you don't mind chunky, crunchy, peanut butter then you will finish even faster!!
- Place in a sealed container. I do not refrigerate my peanut butter. I leave it in my pantry where it is nice and cool. Mine never lasts longer than 2 weeks because we eat it so much, but it could last up to a month.