14 Jun Fruit with Sweet Lemon Cream | I Suck At Making Desserts Series!
This summer is no joke. No. JOKE.
It’s hooooot in Atlanta right now! It upsets me greatly when I look at my weather app and see that Atlanta is hotter than Miami! I used to live in Miami and don’t think that’s normal.
Why? Just, why?! 😩
Anyways, I’ve never been a huge fruit eater. I usually consume my fruit by blending it in my green smoothie, but these days I’ve been munching on mangoes, lychee, pomegranate, and just regular bowls of cold, refreshing, fruit.
This is a super easy dessert. You can use any fruit you’d like. The lemon cream is not super sweet. It’s citrusy with just a hint of sweetness. The creamy texture goes great with the fruit. You could also add some pistachios, almonds, pepitas, or any other nut/seed on top for a little crunch.
You’ll love this cold dessert during these hot summer days! Give it a try.
LEARN WHY I STARTED THE “I SUCK AT MAKING DESSERTS” SERIES HERE!
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water, filtered if possible
- 5 – 7 pitted california dates, or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ inch slice of lemon, or the juice of 1 – 2 lemons
- assortment of fresh fruit, any type you like
- Blend the cashews, water, dates, and lemon until completely smooth.
- Place your fruit in your bowl and top with some of the Sweet Lemon Cream.