14 Feb Chocolate Cashew Pudding | I Suck At Making Desserts Series!
Vegan Chocolate Cashew Pudding! I’ve tried the infamous vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding many times, but there was always something with the recipe that I didn’t like. I don’t know if it’s just me, but I can still taste the avocado in that recipe and it would ruin my chocolate experience! So I decided to create a different vegan chocolate pudding recipe and I came up with this!! It’s super creamy and you only taste chocolate.
Cashews are pretty bland to me, which is why I use them in just about everything. If I’m testing a recipe and need milk or cream I will ALWAYS use cashew milk/cream. Never almond milk, soy millk, rice milk, or any other vegan milks. Cashews have really been a staple for me since I’ve become vegan.
Tip: From my experience, cashews that come from India have a very very strong taste and smell. I don’t know why. I used to purchase cashews from Indian/Pakistani grocery stores because they are super cheap, but noticed that no matter what Asian grocery store I visit the cashews all taste the same. There’s nothing wrong with them, I’m just not fond of the taste because it overpowers everything. Now I check the bag to see where they come from and I don’t have a problem with the strong taste and smell.
Give this Chocolate Cashew Pudding a try!
Wondering what my “I Suck At Making Desserts” Series is all about? I explain it HERE!
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- 1 ½ cups zucchini, I don't peel them but you can if you'd like
- 10 – 13 california dates, pitted
- ½ a vanilla bean
- 1 ½ cups water, filtered possible
- 1 tablespoon or more (depending on how chocolatey you want it) pure cocoa powder
- Place everything in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If you do not have a strong blender then you could soak the cashews in the water for 30 minutes to an hour before blending to help them blend better.
- You can eat this immediately or refrigerate until it is chilled. It will thicken in the refrigerator.