22 Dec Banana Mango Smoothie, Spinach Wrap with Red Onion & Creamy Pesto, Seared Tilapia with Red Pepper Salsa
This is one of my fastest smoothie recipes! You literally blend banana and frozen mango together with water and BAM….you’re done. Add some spinach in there to get some raw greens in your system to make it even better!
Pesto is one of my favorite sauces. It’s garlicky and gives dishes a little freshness from all the basil. I’m going to make a vegan pesto for one of my Weekend Pantry Recipes, but when you buy it for this recipe check the ingredient list and try to find one without parmesan cheese if you can.
I used my Homemade Vegan Mayonnaise Recipe to make this Creamy Pesto and it was sooooo good! That mayonnaise really is a great base for other sauces. I hope you try it.
Now you can use any rice you have in your fridge for this wrap. White rice, brown rice, you can even use quinoa or whatever else you’d like. You’ll notice in the pictures that my rice is red. Well that’s because I forgot to cook my plain brown rice when I made the wrap so I used whatever I had in my fridge, which was some vegan Cajun Red Rice I made the day before. I thought it would taste a little funny with the pesto, but It tasted great!
Let me know if you all want that Cajun Red Rice recipe and I will make blog post about it!
This red pepper salsa is very refreshing. It has sweetness from the roasted red peppers, tang from balsamic vinegar, and freshness from the tomatoes and crisp red onion. My husband even had the great idea to add cucumber to this salsa and eat it as a vegetable salad! This salsa really is that good.
It would taste great over chicken as well.
Alrighty, here are the recipes. Enjoy.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, OR YOUTUBE FOR MORE AWESOME RECIPES!!
WATCH THIS COOKING VIDEO TO SEE EXACTLY HOW TO MAKE THESE MEALS!!
- 3 bananas
- 2 cups frozen mangoes
- 1 cup spinach (optional)
- 2 cups water, filtered if possible
- Blend everything together until smooth. Add water to adjust the sweetness and consistency, if desired.
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise (homemade recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons pesto, your favorite brand
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- juice of ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 – 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 flour tortillas
- Mix the vegan mayonnaise, pesto, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together.
- To assemble, spread the sauce on your tortilla. Add your desired amount of rice, spinach, bell peppers, and onion. Roll and enjoy!
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, or any other sweetener
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tilapia filets, or any other fish you like
- Mix the first 8 ingredients together with ¼ cup olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Season your fish with salt and pepper. Place a pan on medium heat. Allow the pan to get very hot. Once hot add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the fish and cook on one side until brown and at least halfway cooked through, 4 – 6 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Flip the fish and cook for another minute or 2, making sure not to overcook the fish. Remove from the pan.
- To assemble, place your fish on the plate and top with your desired amount of the tomato-roasted red pepper salsa. Enjoy!