30 Mar Andouille Spiced Chickpea Sandwich | Lemon Ginger Carrot Smoothie
“NUMEROUS SCIENTIFIC STUDIES NOW CONFIRM THAT A WHOLE FOODS DIET COMPRISED PRIMARILY OF VEGETABLES, FRUITS, GRAINS, LEGUMES, AND NUTS WITHOUT ADDED OIL, SUGAR, AND SALT IS OPTIMAL FOR HUMAN HEALTH, NOT ONLY PREVENTING A BROAD RANGE OF DISEASE AND ILLNESSES, BUT ALSO REVERSING SOME OF THE MOST DANGEROUS CHRONIC CONDITIONS. THIS FINDING IS OF THE HIGHEST IMPORTANCE TO THE COMMONWEALTH BECAUSE IT COMMUNICATES A TRUTH THAT HAS THE POWER TO SAVE LIVES.”
Daytime Vegan Menu #28
BREAKSFAST SMOOTHIE: LEMON, GINGER, CARROT
LUNCH: ANDOUILLE SPICED CHICKPEA SANDWICH WITH TOMATO, RED ONION, & VEGAN MAYO
This Andouille Spiced Roasted Chickpea Sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches to eat. I used many of the spices that are used in Spicy Andouille Sausage. Garlic, fennel, and smoked paprika for that smokey taste. It’s delicious and hearty!
Using good bread is key for making amazing sandwiches, so make sure you use a good quality loaf. I bought some freshly baked multigrain bread from my farmers market which completely elevated the taste. Give this recipe a try!
Do you like chickpeas? What’s your favorite way to eat them? I love using chickpeas in Indian spiced curries ❤️ ❤️ !!
Health Benefits Of These Meals:
Lemon, Ginger, Carrot Smoothie: Ginger is a powerful medicine that just might inhibit ovarian and prostate cancer cell growth. Here are two more articles discussing the various benefits of ginger, and one more study! Here is a study showing that citrus species, including lemon, are noticeably beneficial fruits for consumption daily both for their nutrients contents and multiple active metabolites. Consumption of citrus fruit or juice is found to be inversely associated with several diseases. The health benefits of citrus fruit have mainly been attributed to the presence of bioactive compounds, such as phenolics, vitamin C, and carotenoids.”
Andouille Spiced Chickpea Sandwich: Chickpeas have been shown to help balance unhealthy cholesterol levels, to reduce hypertension, and to protect against heart disease in multiple ways.
***NOTE: This blog is not intended to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare practitioner. All information contained in this blog is the opinion of Monique and is not to be interpreted as medical advice.
- Want MORE healthy meal plans?! Click Here.
- Why does this blog post have 2 recipes? Find out in the FAQ Section!
- Still confused as to what exactly Daytime Vegan is? Learn more in the ABOUT Section
- 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- 2 cups freshly cooked chickpeas, or canned (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- bread slices
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise (my recipe or store-bought)
- sliced tomatoes
- a few romain lettuce leaves
- a few slices red onion
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl add the fennel, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt, chickpeas, and olive oil. Mix well and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
- To assemble, add your desired amount of vegan mayo to the bread slices. I like to add the romaine lettuce next. I make the romaine lettuce leaf face up (the curve goes up kind of like a little lettuce cup). This allows me to add the chickpeas next so the lettuce can hold them in and the chickpeas won't fall out as much. This ensures the sandwich will be a little less messy.
- Top with tomato and onion and the other slice of bread. Enjoy.
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- ¼ inch lemon slice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- Blend everything together until smooth. Add water to adjust the sweetness and consistency, if desired.